Thursday 3 May 2012

Space Man- or Woman.

Gosh, where do I start with this? Well I think it's too dark, that's the only issue I have with the picture. My issue now is with my group, and one girl in particular, 'Blondie' who I now know to be called Emma, but for the sake of my sanity I call her Blondie anyway because she aggravates me so bloody much. But anyway, let me explain.

So we have a group on Facebook for this group project, so that if one of us says anything we all know about it, good comunication is key right? Well, I should have realised something was wrong when we were sat in a workshop last week in class. I was sitting accross from Blondie, Brunette (Camilla) and Sophie, and they were discussing the project and coming up with a name for it and talking about the format, and I was sitting, listening, and slowly realising that I was basically eavesdropping on my group making decisions without me, because at no proint did they turn to me and say, 'What do you think?', understandably this made me angry.

But it got worse, we had planned on meeting up on wednesday to have a group meeting, but I had also planned to go to the cinema with my friends that afternoon, so I said on the FB group, I probably won't be able to stay for the whole meeting because I'm going to the cinema, and Blondie got up on her high horse and said, 'Is going to the cinema more important to you than getting your uni work done?' and after about five minutes of feeling like Hulking out I replied 'I'd rather avoid an argument, I'll talk to my friends and rearange it so that we go in the evening.'

So I talked to my friends and rearanged it, so that we would go in the evening at 7 instead of the afternoon. So Wednesday afternoon swings around and we start the meeting and she's. Not. There. She didn't show up to the meeting, after what she had said to me the previous day. I was furious! Who wouldn't be? And when I got home to look on Facebook Sophie had caught her up on our ten minutes bloody meeting (because we couldn't discuss much more because she. Wasn't. There) and she hadn't even apologised for missing it!

So yes. Blondie and I don't get on.

Anyway, I have one more illustration to finish today for the crit tomorrow, which means I'll have five finished ones, of which my group can pick two for printing and to be put in the book. I am... ridiculously tired, and hungry despite the fact that I've eaten, and cold because I haven't slept enough in the last two days and I just... I'm still angry, but I'm just too tired to do anything about it.

Well, I hope I'll have calmed down for tomorrow mornings crit so we can out this book together because I really just want to give this girl a piece of my mind. Maybe I'll do it once we've all handed in our portfolios. This project has been an excercise in patience. I don't like working in groups, I can do it but I don't like it. still, I'd do it happily if it was a job. Maybe if I was getting paid for this project, eh? Mores the pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment