Wednesday 9 May 2012

Presentation tomorrow, wish me luck



Pictures taken by my group of our final books. Aah, where do I start? These last few days have been difficult, it took us about 4 hours yesterday to decide on a name for the book, to decorate the covers, to write our names on the insides and to add the little tag on the inside with a little info about it. How ridiculous, I've never worked with anyone more indecisive. The plan had been to then work on our presentation for thursday (tomorrow) but at about half past two, three in the afternoon the girls decided to call it a day. We'd clearly been working too hard.

Hell, so, okay. Today when I arrived I found them all sitting around the table looking over the pieces they'd all written seperately to read out during the presentation, we'd all given each other different parts to talk about. I immediately walked to a computer, signed in and opened up Powerpoint, there was no way I was going to sit around for another half a day not making any progress. They all followed me over, and we finally got to work.

I put the powerpoint presentation together with some input from the others, and after it was all done we ran through the presentation together and timed it. We all agreed, after we were done, that it went well, so I disapeared to the loo. When I returned they told me that they weren't sure about what I'd written, I happened to get the 'What we would do if we had the chance to do this project again' part of it all. They told me that my part made the group sound a bit 'shit' and that I hadn't put them all in a very good light, they asked me to re-write it and gave me some examples of what to say.

They had already lied about the costs for the bookmaking, something that I hadn't had any say in as I had been down in the printing lab re-sizing our work while three of the girls went out and bought the bookbinding materials. I refused to lie again, I am an incredibly honest person, my mum says I'm honest to a fault, meaning that I will be honest even if it gets me into trouble, I suppose.

I wrote a very short, very sarcastic re-write in my sketchbook, left it open on the keyboard and walked away, I needed to calm down and I needed to be away from them. Not long later I recieved a text from Sophie Harvey asking if I was alright, I replied that I was just trying to keep calm, and that if the girls (Sophie, Camilla and Emma) wanted my piece changed they could re-write it for me, and I would read out whatever they wrote.

We then had a break for lunch, and then afterwards ran through the presentation again, and the piece that they had written for me was so full of grammatical errors that it was hard to read. I'm not perfect at spelling but I don't forget to put full stops at the end of my sentances.

I've re-written it, it's a lot more me now, but I'm still not happy with it. The idea of writing something about what  you would change if you re-did your work means pointing out what didn't go well, and what went wrong, and they've made this project sound like a cakewalk. I'm not happy, which is why I'm writing this here, I'll be including screenshots of my blog into my P.D.P, so hopefully the right person will read this.

Sophie Harvey and Anneli Garton have been brilliant during this whole project, and I have absolutely no qualms with them. Sophie, Camilla and specifically Emma, on the other hand, have been very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment