Sunday 10 June 2012

Moving On...





So okay, where do I start? In the midst of financial crisis and bad news in the family I'm somehow still here, chugging along like a trooper. But forget all that, you're not here because you're interested in my personal life, you're here for the art.

We've been told that we can pretty much make up our own summer project, so for mine I'm pretending for a bit that the book that I'm working on is a comic, so for different chapters I'm illustrating the comic covers! Fun times : )

These are just sketches, obviously, I don't tend to consult references until I start the finals (and then they get good), but anyway... The first one would probably be for the second to last chapter, that's Acheron up there. Below that, a few Seth and Quentin ideas, and finally a Quentin on his own. After that we have our fabubulous four with Suwa leering over them, and last but not least Varis, with the three other main characters chilling out on his antlers.

Yeah, it's an odd book, but I swear to God it's better when you read it, I can't do it justice in a blurb, I really can't.

As well as that, I've finished my final draft for a letter that I'm sending to Benedict Cumberbatch asking him 'round for a cup of tea. Erm, wish me luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment