Saturday 15 December 2012

Comics and Plans

The other project I had to do last term was a short comic, and because of the Sherlock illustrations it needed to be especially short, so I came up with this. It's basically just one of my many mornings, battling sleep and trying to clamber out of bed.

But, in other and more interesting news... I'm hoping to do a MA in screenwriting at the U.E.A in Norwich (which would be good because I wouldn't have to move again, woo!). The course is a year long, or two years part time, and is £5,000 (that's £2,500 a year part time), it's a lot, plus rent, which is about £3,000 a year, not including food costs. I'm hoping to get a job when I graduate, and then apply that september, just so I have the money to do it. I'd really like to do the one year course, but it's so expensive that it's looking much more likely that I'd do the part time course instead. If I can get a schollarship, I think that pays for half of the course which would sure help, so wish me luck with that. Also, I don't remember much about scriptwriting from college, so I'd like to do some research, and the application asks for, hang on...


"a maximum of 5000 words for prose, or up to 20 pages of poetry, or up to 30 pages of dramatic script/screenplay."

I was thinking of writing a Doctor Who episode *__* And then, if I'm accepted, submitting it to the BBC. This probably sounds dumb, but do I care? Hah, nope. I want to do it, and so I'll find a way. This is not to say that I don't want to be an illustrator anymore, I do, that was always the plan, I want to do both. Taking a year out between illustration and screenwriting would also give me the time to finish my book too, and send that out to publishers.

If there's one thing that uni has taught me, it's that I like to keep busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment