Saturday 15 December 2012

More Sherlock illustrations...



These illustrations were done for my 'Extracts' project, luckily I managed to apply the brief that I had from Luke Kuhns for the Sherlock illustrations to a brief, but it meant doing three extra illustrations, so that's what these are : ) It meant that I ended up having to rush them, and I'm still surprised I got them done on time, phew...  I think what I learned from this, is that if I have a deadline, I meet it, even if that means working flat out. 

So, first off, Sherlock Holmes, A Study In Scarlet!A nice simple pose, and the pills from the case. Well, I mean, there's one pill in the case... I added some more.

Secondly, John Watson from The Hound of The Baskervilles! My favourite book : D It's SO good, you should all go and read it, the way Conan Doyle describes the Dartmoor scenery is AMAZING. Okay, so anyway, the sheets of paper are supposed to represent all of the letters that Watson sends Sherlock during the book, and the moths, well... the main villain of the story spends most of the book running around with a butterfly net catching moths, so there ya go. The moths that I've drawn are native to Dartmoor, too. I like dotting all of my i's ; D

Lastly we have Sherlock and John from The Dancing Men. Sherlock is sent a code to break, and realises near the end that it's written in semaphore, so along with the first code that Sherlock is sent, I've also put, on the left hand side up top 'By Amy Gilbert', bottom left 'John' and right 'Sherlock' in semaphore : ) Cuz' I could.

I like these, but I can still see a lot of issues with them, I really wish I'd had more time on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment