Friday 12 April 2013

I had such a good day - I bought a dress and everything, I have no reason to be unhappy

I happened to check just recently how often my page is viewed, and got a surprise. It's a lot. Which is odd, because I've never recieved a comment on any of my posts, and I've never had a family member or friend comment, in life, on anything put up here.

It made me re-think what I post, but only momentarily.

So, forgetting that...

I haven't worked much at all these last three days because of various reasons, good ones, and one or two bad ones, I think. But I know what I'm doing now, I know what it is, and I know it's achievable, and I know more than anything that I need to make sure I don't become complacent.

I started reading 'The Beauty Myth' by Naomi Wolf which Fiona suggested to me for my dissertation, it's really good. She suggested something else, too, a website named The Everyday Sexism Project, I urge you to check it out. It is sad, and surprising, and horrendous and amazing, and I have a morbid fascination with it, it's addictive.

I would work tonight, but I can't shake the feeling of wanting to cry, for whatever reason. I would say I have nothing in particular to cry about, nothing current anyway, but a lot in the past. So I'm going to sit here and write something that I've had in my head for about a month now, it's been sitting there waiting, it's time to put it down into words.

This morose blog entry was brought to you by,

Woodkid - I Love You

 Regina Spektor - The Call

 

Florence And The Machine - Cosmic Love (Seven Lions Remix) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment