Saturday 2 March 2013

Alright, so!



I haven't updated here in a few days! Whups! I think watching Durarara!! while I was eating breakfast this morning really inpsired me to get some work done today, and I'm really glad! I finished inking and colouring the second cover (pink) and then added text, and then figured out what was going wrong with adding texture to the text, I hadn't rasterized the text layer, and then when I was adding the texture the opacity was really low, hah, so I did it! Wooo!

I'd intended for all of the colours to look different :D I really like the way the Durarara covers have been done, because unlike almost all other manga books, they're all drastically different. Lemme' show you,


They're so pretty! The first book has a textured cover, like thick paper? The second and third are shiny, and reflect in the light, and the third is textured again but it's kind've grainy, except for a ring around the middle of the page which is shiny (you can't see it on the digital copy, boo).

But anyway, very interesting : ) To me, anyway. Gosh, what else should I add? I've been so busy and distracted recently that last week I got into the shower with my glasses still on. I decided to roll with it, and then them up on my head, hahah... I usually see my dad on weekends but I wanted to stay and get work done, and I have so yeah, glad : ) Right, onto the third cover now :D (I'm gonna' put these up on DeviantART first though :D).

Listen to this and enjoy! (It's what I've been reading/watching recently, and it's awesome).

No comments:

Post a Comment