Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sleeeeeeep...


I really need to stop working so late, and maybe sleep more. I think I need to go over the colours of this later and just... mellow it out. Yeah. Hindsight is a wonderful gift.

Just incase you wanted to watch the stupidly long video of me colouring this, go here, derp, but be aware, you will never get that three hours back.

I had a crit with Chris yesterday that left me feeling disheartened, and really quite crap. It felt like I'd kicked his imaginary puppy, and he was taking it out on me and my work. Not that I make a habit of kicking imaginary puppies... I'm sure he wasn't that harsh, maybe I was just being overly sensitive, Chris is a really cool guy and he's just trying to get the best out of me, but for whatever reason I left feeling like I'd never get my work done on time, and that it probably wasn't worth trying anyway.

I saw my councellor today which was good, and on my way home I stopped by the comic shop to ask them if they had any comics that were very feminist in content. Welp, we got talking, I told the two guys there that I was writing my dissertation on the depiction of women in comics, and the guy that owns the shop dug out loads of 'Naughty Bits', some 'Strangers In Paradise', 'Love and Rockets' which I think is one Rob suggested to me months ago...? Maybe. As well as 'Charm School', 'Action Girl' and 'WOMEN, Out Of Line'. I also picked up the next 'New 52, Wonder Woman, volume 2'. Wonder Woman was £16.99, WOMEN was £9.99, and the rest he gave to me for free @_____@ wut.

He gave me.

17 comics.

Ranging between £2 and £3.15 each.

For free.

I-

HOW NICE IS THAT?!

I asked if he was sure a few times, I mean it's only a small comic shop, you know? And I told him it was a lot of money, but he insisted on letting me have them for free. He said it'd be educational, hahah, and that giving me the comics might be a good investment for the future, how lovely! Aah! What a nice bloke! He was telling me about these comics, because he's read them, and talking about the artists and what he thought of the stories, and he was genuinely impressed, and it really came accross, you know? I told him that one of my projects was a short comic, and he said cool! Maybe they could shelve it!

I was so chuffed ;-; I walked the rest of the way home smiling.

My faith in humanity and comics is restored.

So I got home, called my dad, called my Grandma and sang happy birthday to her, made dinner and then got back to work.

And yeah, okay, it's now 12:22am and I have a knot in my shoulder the size of Canada, but I feel better for it. Now I'm just gonna' sort my messages and then get to bed, I'm tired! I've got a meeting with Fiona tomorrow to talk about feminism, she's going to suggest some books to read for my dissertation, and then hopefully after that I can write a chapter to send to Catrin for friday. I'm hoping to get my dissertation done over Easter @__@ Yeeaaah!

O-okay, enough talk, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment