Tuesday 19 March 2013

Boop

I wish I'd done more today, but I guess this'll have to do. Y'see, I wanted to work on my dissertation today, but my anxiety has been so bad that it's been incredibly difficult to focus on anything. I tried reading 'Art In Theory 1900-2000' earlier, but after I'd narrowed down the pages that I thought would actually be relevant to my dissertation I lost all of my motivation and decided that, if I couldn't concentrate on my dissertation research then I should try working on something else.

I started the fourth comic cover, which distracted me brilliantly from my anxiety, and once I got into it I really started enjoying it which was just what I'd needed, as I was starting to worry I'd wasted the day. I went back to my cover with Varis, too, and edited it so that you can read the text, woo.

Although now that I've stopped drawing my anxiety is back and at full strength. I'd liken it to drinking five cups of coffee but I've never tried coffee, but basically I have so much adrenaline running around my bloodstream that I feel like I could run around the block a couple of times. But I don't, I just wanna' sit here and do work, auuuh. Even writing this is difficult! I didn't eat lunch today because I was too anxious. But anxious about what? Auuh. And I know why, too, it's because I'm the only one in the house because my housemates are gone for the next week. And that sucks, not just because it's left me anxious, but because I know there's a chance that I might be this anxious when left on my own for the rest of my life.

Okay shit just got deep, let's stay on track shall we?

Varis cover,


And then the sketches for Suwa's cover, I did something here that I've never done before, I played with the position of the Persian style daggers, something that I've seen Chris do before (which I thought was really interesting). 







Although now I'm not sure which position to use... So maybe I've backed myself into a big corner, I dunno', I just know that the sooner I can decide, the sooner I can keep working on it, the sooner I can distract myself from this all encompassing fear of everything.

Still, better than the all encompassing melancholy of depression.

But only just.

No comments:

Post a Comment